Now accepting Academy Day Video Auditions for Music
Spencerville Adventist Academy is now accepting video pre-auditions for eligible 8th and high school transfer students who attend Academy Day on January 16, 2019. Students are eligible to receive Academy Day scholarships in the following categories:
Bells (must audition in person)
Choir (includes piano auditions)
1. Strings (includes piano auditions)
Academy Day scholarships range from $250, $500, $750 in each category.
Video pre-auditions are easy! Simply follow the steps below:
- Fill out online form
- Record yourself playing your instrument, singing, or acting (follow auditions guidelines below).
- Upload your auditions here.
Live auditions available for Academy Day Participants
Students who attend Academy Day on January 16, 2019 are eligible for a private audition on January 27, 2018 from 11:00 - 2:00 PM. Here are three easy steps to sign up:
- Attend Academy Day on January 16, 2019.
- Sign up for an audition time with an SAA music teacher
- Show up for your live audition on January 27, 2019 from 11:00-2:00 PM.
Note: If you audition (pre-video or in person) you will also be eligible for other music scholarships which will be awarded to you during your graduation from 8th grade or if you are a high school transfer student. Students who cannot attend Academy Day will still be eligible for graduation but not Academy Day scholarships. So sign up for a private audition even though you do not attend Academy Day.
Video Audition Guidelines
Say your full name, your school, and instrument voice part in-front of camera.
Play all the major scales that you know, stating the name of the scale before playing.
Play a selection of a solo piece or a selection from a previous piece you have played in an ensemble.
Student must sing up for an in person audition on January 27, 2019 at Spencerville Adventist Academy.
Say your full name, your school and voice part in front of camera.
Sing the Hymn Amazing Grace - click here to download hymn.
Sing your lowest note to the vowel "Ah"
Sing your highest note to the vowel "Ah".
Say your full name and your school in front of the camera.
Choose a monologue
Record yourself acting out the monologue
Record yourself singing Amazing Grace.
- Say your full name, your school, and voice part in front of camera.
- Film yourself playing at least two scales you know.
- Play a recent recital piece that you have been working on.